The program is housed in a 21-unit apartment building in the heart of Santa Monica's residential community. The units comfortably accommodate a full family, with kitchens and home furnishings. The apartment complex includes a playground and common areas.
Family Place serves about 50 families per year and achieves superlative outcomes. Over 95% of the graduates of Family Place have remained in permanent, self-sufficient housing for at least a year after graduating.
Upward Bound House provides each family with a dignified, high-quality living experience, in a safe community, in return for strict adherence to our program rules and activities. These include:
- Intensive case management with weekly goal setting
- Money management program with savings plan
- Parenting and life skills classes
- Food and clothing provided at no cost through our on-site food pantry and "thrift store"
- Children's enrichment activities
- One year's follow-up services, including home visits